Dear Southwest Family,
Following Governor DeWine’s address on Monday, April 27th and stay-at-home order extended through May 29th, we wanted to offer you an update on what the reopening of Ohio means for Southwest. We understand most are eager to get back to some normalcy and there is a great hunger to worship and gather together as followers of Jesus.
As always, Southwest is committed to following the wisdom and best practices for Ohioans as recommended by the Governor’s Office and the Warren County Health District. While many were hopeful that Governor DeWine would speak to weekend church services and even begin easing guidelines on in-person gatherings, the first phase of reopening Ohio doesn’t include either.
With the extension of the stay-at-home order through May 29, Southwest will continue to livestream our Sunday morning services for the foreseeable future and the building will remain closed to all in-person ministry and gatherings. While the ministry staff has been primarily working remotely from home, they can choose to return to the office at their discretion for regular work hours beginning Monday, May 4th as the Governor has granted the re-opening of general offices.
Staff and leadership have been working on what reopening Southwest to in-person ministry and weekend services will look like once guidelines begin loosening. Until the day when we can start rolling those plans out, we wanted to let you in on some encouraging things happening in this time of social and physical distancing:
- Our small group ministry is growing! Both number of groups and participation in those groups have increased since mid March!
- Small, interior construction projects are underway including converting current storage into a new office and a small group breakout room!
- A new booth is being constructed in the Worship Center for our growing media and livestreaming capabilities!
- Southwest has partnered with a marketing firm as we work toward rebranding!
- A handicap accessible door has been installed at our main entrance!
- Hands-on generosity has been consistent as we’ve been able to partner with Victory Project, Kindness Backpacks, and SCAC!
- Our online content and platforms have been growing in views, shares, likes, and subscriptions every week!
Meanwhile, here are some reminders of ways you can remain connected during this time:
- We are livestreaming our Sunday morning worship gatherings from the Southwest Church Worship Center each week. You can access our livestream by clicking here.
- If you desire to join us in taking communion during the livestream, you may pick up communion supplies for you and your family by driving up to the main entrance of Southwest between 11a-1p every Saturday—you don’t even have to leave your car!
- If you’re used to giving during one of our worship gatherings, We ask that you consider giving online to support Southwest (link here) as we continue to minister to our church family and communities. You may also give by check by mailing us at:
P.O. Box 646
Springboro, OH 45066
- Small groups are one way our church family can stay in community, whether by text, video call, or social media. If you don’t have a small group or are having trouble finding one, please follow this link and we will help you get plugged in.
- If you have any prayer requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to keep up to date on encouraging content and key updates. We encourage you to share with your family, friends, and neighbors the hope we have in Jesus!
"So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith."
Galatians 6:9-10, NLT